What to Do If AVG Won't Install | +1-855-560-0666(toll free)
Failed installation occurs in many software products, but the cause depends on the error message or error code displayed in Windows. Installation of AVG may fail if you are logged into a Windows user account that does not have administrator permission, if you have existing antivirus programs and/or the files of an already removed antivirus program remain on the computer. Other reasons for why AVG won't install depend on the error messages that you receive and below are some of the known reasons why AVG installation will fail.
AVG Antivirus comes with different usage licenses - free, commercial and business editions and several product lines, such as AVG Anti-Virus, AVG Internet Security, AVG Anti-Virus & Firewall and AVG Identity Protection. Any edition of AVG provides real-time protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits, spyware, adware and other types of malware. The free and standalone antivirus program by AVG Technologies includes LinkScanner while the commercial edition has more to offer.
Incompatible and Conflicting Applications with AVG
AVG's installer can detect incompatible or conflicting applications before installing AVG. If the installation wizard by AVG detects incompatible software, you need to remove the incompatible program or check with the vendor for any update or work-around before trying to install AVG.
Check 1. Restart the computer and check for security updates by visiting Windows Update. If any updates for Microsoft Visual C++ are offered, install them. If none are offered, install AVG again. However, if the same error message appears, follow the steps below to solve the issue:
- Create a new folder on your desktop and place the AVG setup file in the newly created folder.
- Temporary turn off User Account Control in Windows 7 or Vista. If you are using XP, skip this step.
- Download msvcfix.zip and save it in the same location where the AVG setup file is located.
- Extract the contents of msvcfix.zip in the same location where the AVG setup file is located.
- Locate and run the msvcfix.bat file and proceed to installing AVG.
Check 2. Read more....
If you still have a AVG Antivirus related problem